Saturday, April 9, 2016

Song from the movie "Keeper of Darkness" (陀地驅魔人)

I was too busy last several weeks hence I did not update my blog :P So this time I would show you some REALLY good stuff.

Several months ago, I watched a movie called "Keeper of Darkness". It is a Hong Kong horror movie, but in fact it is way more than horror in this movie. It has a great storyline, very authentic, and somehow quite touching. One of the spotlight is definitely the love story between the male lead and the female ghost who live in his house since he moved in when he was young. I am not going to spoil you by telling you what the story is really about. I would talk a bit more about the song from the movie.

The song itself is originally a song written by Wang Feng, a mainland Chinese rock musician. As I know, originally the director of the movie already planned to use some western music for the theme song, but he ended up realizing he could not get the copyright for that song. Afterward, one day he suddenly heard this particular song, found out that it suits the movie very well, especially the lyrics. The song actually has a hauntingly beautiful melody, and the style of the song suits melodica really well too. Hence I arranged a melodica version of it and here it goes. Hope you like it :)

3 comments:

  1. what is the name in english rougly?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi thanks for watching the video and reading the article!!
      The song is from this movie: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keeper_of_Darkness
      And the composer of this song is actually Zhang Ziyi's husband.

      Delete
  2. can u give me the lyrics of this song in english....plzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete