Saturday, August 22, 2015

The art of melodica playing

Well actually today I am going to post three songs that I have recorded before, but I combine them into one video. Here is the song list:

1. Street Fighter 2 Vega's Theme variation.
2. Dragon Ball Z battle music (Japanese version of anime, and featuring Suzuki-24 Bass Melodica).
3. Dragon Ball GT theme song.

The recording quality of these three songs are better than my other videos as I used a condenser mic to record them instead of using computer mic. Here is the description I wrote in this video:

"I made this video because many people regard the melodica as merely a toy instrument, or don't even know what that is. Therefore, I post three songs here to show what a melodica can actually do.

First, the melodica I am using is a wood one called Mylodica, which is custom made by sound electra, hence it sounds WAY better than those plastic ones out there. Another thing is that the reason people think the sound of a melodica is not that great is because most people DO NOT know how to manage breath control. Melodica sounds flat, dull, boring without vibrato. You HAVE TO play it with vibrato to make it sound expressive and beautiful, just like how people play violin or sing. The strap I put on allows me to play it with two hands so that it is capable of playing in the style similar to accordion, and play it standing up in order to maximize the breath control. "

Anyway Enjoy and LISTEN what a melodica can do!!
P.S. Recently I made a piano arrangement of "Rockman 2 Dr. Wily Castle" theme, I am thinking of arranging a melodica version too. Maybe would record it within these several weeks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment