Saturday, August 8, 2015

Other than melodica

Well this time we would talk something other than melodica :)
As you guys may know, I actually play a lot of instruments, melodica is just one of them.
This time I would show you one of the other that I play, and you don't see this often -- Baritone Ukulele.

What is a baritone ukulele? It is actually a bigger size ukulele that has different tunings than standard ukulele. In fact the tuning of a baritone ukulele is the same as the top 4 strings of a guitar. So you can imagine it as a 4 string guitar. It sounds almost like a guitar, but its timbre is still "ukulele timbre" rather than "guitar timbre". Anyway here are some of my playings of the baritone ukulele, enjoy!!

P.S. The first video is a good quality solid mahagony uke made in Romania hence it has very rich and full tone even without amp; the second video is a made in China cheaply made plywood uke, but I put an amp on it to alternate the sound a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment